3.17.2015

bird obsessed

seems lately that I have been obsessed with birds...more than usual...
perhaps because it is spring and I welcome their increased activity...

In any case, I have several bird inspired projects I thought I would share over the next couple of days...











Today's is a quick one...I had a couple of wooden boards that I had collaged years ago and then never finished...the first background layer was a page from an old art book; the second layer is the top ply of a paper napkin...one of my favorite collage layering techniques since the single ply of the napkin is so sheer, you see the underneath layer.  A snippet from an old dictionary was added...and then it sat...



Getting ready for a show always motivates me to action...in this case, I pulled out these two boards, attached a Cavallini bird tag, added a few more words and finished off with a ribbon hanger...







































Both of these beauties (plus so much more) will be at the 
Vintage Market at Swan's Trail on March 28...will you?

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails