7.07.2011

English tea garden

yes, an English tea garden is what inspired me as I changed out my space today at Faded Elegance...now, granted not everything is British, but everything meshes so lovely together, regardless of their origin...






































I'm lovin' the pillars of fabric I created...I had vintage cotton bedsheets with these stunning patterns...I had a few quilting frames that I whitewashed...I thought about stretching the sheets across the frames...but as I was fussing with them, I had a eureka moment...why not encircle the frame with the fabric and let the fabric hang down...




























I went to work...played with the fabric on each frame until it was even and taut, tighten the clamp so everything was secure, screwed three small eye-hooks, evenly spaced, along the perimeter of the quilt frame and then hung each "pillar" with cord from a ceiling hook.  Wouldn't these look great hanging in your garden or on your patio - the wind would catch the fabric and make it flutter...and they would be washable!
Though this tea set is German, its design is exquisite...
I love the worn patina on both this metal painted tray and the silver cup...
I left metal binder clips outside over the winter to rust...they're perfect to hang old botanical prints...
I picked up quite a few fabric dress belts once at the Flagstaff, AZ Goodwill outlet...I don't know what happened to the 1950's shirtwaist dresses they came from...but I found the belts interesting so bought them.  Over the years I've used them to wrap up gifts, hang pictures and secure rolls of wallpaper...today I wrapped a few around a couple of wire lamp frames...thought it looked pretty...
If you're in the area, please stop in at Faded Elegance...though we might not be serving tea, the reception will be warm and welcome...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails