4.25.2010

Consider the possibilities

I saw this photo on Ki Nassauer's blog, Junk Camp and I was in love.  That table is to die for!  That table, and more fabulous items, are part of a home decor collection that Ki has designed for Bachman's in Minneapolis.  Right now I wished I lived closer to Minneapolis - that table could be mine.
(photo credit -
Ki Nassauer, Junk Camp)


But wait, I have a mattress spring just like that, rusting in my backyard.














I picked this up from the side of the road last summer for free.  I've used springs like this in the past to make great chandeliers (one of the projects in my Salvage Studio book!)  And so I thought that this mattress spring would be cut up and made into several chandeliers.  Not so fast...these springs are now screaming to be made into this table...but its going to have to wait just a moment.  I've always wanted to learn how to do arc-welding - but I'm not there yet.  In the meantime, I'm going to investigate other metal options (maybe there's a frame meant for another use that could work as a table base that the mattress springs could just drop into...)

And as you can see, I also have half of an orchard ladder hanging on the fence, awaiting its turn...any ideas here?  If so, leave your idea as a comment...might be a prize for the best inspiration!

And check out the Facebook fan page of Faded Elegance - Kimberly is having a contest for the best idea of using a great vintage find in a fabulous way - contest runs until April 30.  All the details are on the fan page - check it out.

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails